Friday 28 June 2013

LATEST KIT

TENT
Having spent a few weeks looking for a lighter tent for solo use & two at a push use I finally settled on a new Wild Country Coshee 2 which seemed to tick most of the boxes I wanted & came in at 2kg.
The tent was ordered for a knock down price of £89 at Oswald Bailey online. The day after ordering I received an email to say that the Coshee 2 was out of stock but they could offer me the Coshee 3 at the same price - while I was tempted by the extra living space I felt that I was going the wrong way weight wise but was then offered a Zephyros 2 or Banshee 200 in exchange.
I opted for the Zephyros & the new tent arrived within 24hrs - superb service & can thoroughly recommend Oswald Bailey.
Anyway I pitched the tent in the garden - first time a max of 10mins, a few irritations with tension & the pegs are awfully short/sharp.
Spent a few hours reading reviews & instructions then pitched again the morning after. Vast improvement but still could be better so some mods are planned before the first hill outing.
First impressions:
Easy to pitch but will take some practice to tension. 
Pitches easily as an "all in one" style.
Some mods needed - lineloks, Dyneema guys (V guys at ends), hanging loop on inner.
Take out the end poles for packing - the pack size compresses down really small & the pole back slips nicely down the back of the pack.
Short sharp pegs are rubbish - new Terra Nova Ti pegs on order.
All in all I can't wait to get this tent out for some serious testing in the next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment